Hello

Home Forums Off Topic Hello

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EJ 6 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author

dfcord
    Participant

Thank you for allowing me to join this group. Political Orphans was recommended to me after I tried to start a discussion on Daily Kos about something I read on Red State. It wasn’t my first time to try but it may be my last.

I am over 60 years old, son of a union man growing up in a Blue Collar, Ohio neighborhood. I am now the president of a small engineering firm (still in Ohio).

As Will Rogers said <i>”I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.”</i>
    While I am registered as a Democrat, I will vote (and have voted) for Republican candidates when they are the better choice. I used to respect Republicans and their principles. In fact, I remember vividly listening to my rich uncles (stanch Republicans all) discuss Nixon’s Wage and Price controls. They unanimously condemned it as a horrifically bad economic policy (of course history proved them right). These were the type of Republicans I grew up knowing and arguing with.

I will stop here in before I drone on too much (I will leave that for later posts).

Chris, I like this OFF TOPIC feature. I plan on using it for venting and hopefully having intelligent discussions with people who have opposing viewpoints.

mary guercio

Welcome, DF! Glad to have you and will look forward to your next post.

dfcord
    Participant

Thanks – Updated Gravitar to a happier face 🙂

EJ

Welcome, DF! Your background and age is very different from mine (although my grandfather was also an engineer) and so I look forward to learning from you.

I’ve never been, but Ohio is said to be a very pleasant land.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.